Collection Description & Arrangement
This small collection (0.3 linear ft., 8 folders) of memorabilia was donated to Special Collections by William Mapother, Jr. in December of 2016. The collection consists of mixed printed materials related to UVA.
Biographical & Historical Information
William R. Mapother Jr. was born in Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky on February 20, 1938. He graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1963. Mr. Mapother wrote thirteen books on bankruptcy and was a well known speaker on those issues. He received the Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association. Mr. Mapother died in 2006.
|Donor Information||This collection was donated to the Law Library by William R. Mapother, Jr. in December of 2016.|
- f. 1; Criminal Law Research Organization, University of Virginia Law School – document with information about the organization.
- f.2; Memorandum from the Office of the Dean: “To the Partners: A Note of Excellence, November 7, 1962
- f. 3; Newspaper clippings, 1960 – 1961
- f. 4; Phi Delta Epsilon Code and Coat of Arms
- f.5; Pledge Manual and Pledge Ritual of the International Legal Fraternity of Phi Delta Phi, Canons of Professional Ethics, Boulder, Co., Published by the Fraternity, 1959.
- f. 6; Reading Guide – style sheet and vols. Xv, xvii, xviii
- f. 7; University of Virginia Information for Prospective Students – brochure, ca. 1959
- f. 8; University of Virginia YMCA brochure re Religious Affairs in the University of Virginia Community, 1960-1961